Youth Action Guide and More Resources from "The Homestretch"
The Homestretch follows three youths experiencing homelessness as they fight to stay in school, graduate, and build a better future. Each of these resilient teenagers works to complete his or her education while facing the trauma of being alone and abandoned at an early age. Independent Lens and PBS LearningMedia have compiled resources to help you serve youth and combat homelessness in your community. Whether you are an individual who feels called to action around the issue of youth homelessness or you are part of a school – or community-based organization, this guide will equip you with the tools you need to be an agent of change.
A youth action guide, discussion guide, and 5 short film modules provide background information on the film and youth homelessness, along with discussion questions, suggested activities, and additional resources to inspire action to support young people experiencing homelessness.
The Homestretch Film Modules
- Schools on the Front Lines of Youth Homelessness: View here
- Introducing Roque: View here
- Focusing on LGBT Youth Homelessness: View here
The Homestretch Youth Action Guide Toolkit (includes film modules, youth action guide, and discussion guide)
- Download here: http://www.pbslearningmedia.org/collection/the-homestretchyouth-action-guide/
- Order the Youth Action Guide Toolkit DVD here: http://bit.ly/ITVSdvd