New DANIEL TIGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD App Helps Young Children Learn Potty Training Routines
Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty app is now available from PBS Kids. Developed in collaboration with The Fred Rogers Company and Schell Games, Stop & Go Potty encourages young children to practice bathroom routines at the potty and at the sink with help from beloved animated characters from the award-winning, Emmy-nominated PBS KIDS series DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD.
Inspired by potty-related stories from the series and the effective related musical strategies featured in these shows, such as the “Stop & Go Potty” strategy song, the new app helps children practice stopping their play when Daniel Tiger and his friend Katerina Kittycat have to go to the potty. Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty app is available now on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
“PBS KIDS is committed to partnering with parents to support children’s healthy development, and DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD offers families useful tools and strategies to help kids build the skills they need to be successful,” said Sara DeWitt, Vice President, PBS KIDS Digital. “Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty app tackles routines related to one of these major life milestones – potty-training – helping make it a positive experience for kids and parents alike, with fun, developmentally appropriate games for children, as well as tips and tools for parents.”
Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty App Features
- Helpful information for parents based on the teachings of Fred Rogers about using the potty
- Four games that let kids:
- Build blocks with Daniel and help him stop playing and go to the bathroom when it’s time to do so
- Play Katerina’s water game and work on self-control skills, especially about stopping and going potty
- Play a simple stacking game with Daniel’s baby sister, Margaret. She isn’t old enough to use the potty, so children can help Mom Tiger change Margaret’s diaper
- Practice bathroom routines on the potty and at the sink with Daniel and Katerina, such as wiping, flushing and washing and drying hands before returning to play
Daniel Tiger’s Stop & Go Potty app is now available for $2.99 from the App Store, and coming soon to Google Play and Amazon. More information on PBS KIDS apps is available at pbskids.org/apps.