PBS NewsHour highlights UCF’s DirectConnect
PBS NewHour profiles five leading edge experiments aimed at improving educational and career opportunities for students. On Thursday, the special will focus on the DirectConnect to UCF program.
Tune in all this week at 7 p.m. to WUCF to see the following:
- Monday: How the University of Texas at Austin figured out what's keeping their low income students from graduating and built a leadership network that's decreasing the dropout rate.
- Tuesday: How is it that 500 high schools seniors are graduating with an Associate's degree and 3,000 of their peers are enrolled in college courses, in a town on the Mexico border were the odds are against them?
- Wednesday: What happens when a school stops giving out aid for merit and just focuses on need?
- Thursday: Transferring credits between community college and university is a huge problem. See how a community college and the University of Central Florida are fixing it.
- Friday: How did ASU, the largest university in America, restructure to prepare for the future while increasing acceptance and graduation rates for students from all income backgrounds?